Order Online or Call 1-866-612-4896!
Free Shipping On Orders $50 Or More!
Get One Low Cost Item On Orders $75 Or More!
How To Use Tie Downs Properly
Improper use or maintenance of tie down device can cause death/injury or property damage.
To avoid injury or property damage:
When tying down and binding loads please follow following guidelines:
1. Maintain secure footing at all times, check for loose spots periodically.
2. Inspect tie down device before use. Do not use hooks, shackles, links, clips, chain, and other equipment components that are bent, elongated, gouged, nicked, excessively worn, or damaged. Make certain that nuts, bolts, pins, and other fasteners are tightened and secured.
4. Do not exceed the working load limit of tie down equipment. Refer to literature by grade for specific working load limits.
5. Center load in hooks, shackles, rings, and other such equipment components. Use spacers on bolts and pins as necessary to maintain center loading.
6. Do not apply load to hook latches; latches are to retain slack slings and chains only.
7. Avoid sudden jerks when applying the load. Rapid load application can produce overloading.
8. Free all twists, knots, and kinks. Apply load in a straight line fashion.
9. Refer to specific instructions when applying load binders. Observe warnings and stand clear of binder handles at all times.
10. Use only alloy chain and attachments (Grade 80, grade 100 and grade 120) for overhead lifting.
11. Inspect load periodically for securement.