5/8x6 Turnbuckle Jaw and Jaw Hot Dip Galvanized Drop Forged
Made of galvanized steel, this drop forged 5/8x6 jaw and jaw turnbuckle is recommended for straight or inline pulls, commonly used for adjusting the tension or length of wire ropes, aircraft cables, tie rods, and other tensioning systems. It normally consists of two threaded hooks, jaws,eyelets, or their combinations, one screwed into each end of a metal frame, one with a left-hand thread and the other with a right-hand thread. The tension can be adjusted by rotating the frame, which causes both ends to be screwed in or out simultaneously, without twisting the end fittings(hooks, jaws and eyelets) or attached cables.
- End fittings are Quenched and Tempered, bodies heat treated by normalizing.
- Jaws are forged with a greater cross sectional area that results in a stronger jaw with better fatigue properties.
- Turnbuckles recommended for straight or in-line pulls only
- Modified UNJ thread on end fittings for improved fatigue properties.
- Body has UNC threads.
- Lock Nuts available for all sizes
- Fatigue Rated
Meets the performance requirements of Federal Specifications FF-T-791B, Type 1 Form 1 -CLASS 7, except for those provisions required of the contractor.
* Proof Load is 2.5 times the Working Load Limit. Ultimate Load is 5 times the Working Load Limit.
See the detailed specification for more information.
Same size with different end fittings:
- Jaw & Jaw Turnbuckle 5/8x12
- Hook & Hook Turnbuckle 5/8x6
- Eye & Eye Turnbuckle 5/8x6
- Hook & Eye Turnbuckle 5/8x6
We have more sizes available:
- Jaw & Jaw Turnbuckle 1/4x4
- Jaw & Jaw Turnbuckle 5/16
- Jaw & Jaw Turnbuckle 3/8x6
- Jaw & Jaw Turnbuckle 1/2x6
If you're interested in other rigging hardware, we have stop sleeves, quick links, sling shackle, connecting links and more hardware available.