ME Turnbuckle Hook Eye 1/4x4 Hot Dip Galvanized Drop Forged
Shipping calculated at checkout
ME Hot Dip Galvanized Drop Forged Turnbuckle Hook Eye 1/4x4
Made of galvanized steel, this drop forged 1/4x4 hook and eye turnbuckle is recommended for straight or inline pulls, commonly used for adjusting the tension or length of wire ropes, aircraft cables, tie rods, and other tensioning systems. It normally have two threaded hooks, jaws,eyelets, or combination of any two of them, one screwed into each end of a metal frame, one with a left-hand thread and the other with a right-hand thread. The tension can be adjusted by rotating the frame, which causes both ends to be screwed in or out simultaneously, without twisting the end fittings(hooks, clevis and eyes) or attached rope or cables.
- Hot Dip galvanized steel.
- End fittings are Quenched and Tempered, bodies heat treated by normalizing.
- Hooks and eyes are forged with a greater cross sectional area that results in a stronger hook or eye with better fatigue properties.
- Turnbuckles recommended for straight or in-line pulls only
- Modified UNJ thread on end fittings for improved fatigue properties.
- Body has UNC threads.
- Lock Nuts available for all sizes
- Fatigue Rated
Meets the performance requirements of Federal Specifications FF-T-791B, Type 1 Form 1 -CLASS 7, except for those provisions required of the contractor.
* Proof Load is 2.5 times the Working Load Limit. Ultimate Load is 5 times the Working Load Limit.
See the detailed specification table for more information.
Same size with different end fittings:
- Jaw & Jaw Turnbuckle 1/4x4
- Hook & Hook Turnbuckle 1/4x4
- Eye & Eye Turnbuckle 1/4x4
We have more sizes available:
- Hook & Eye Turnbuckle 5/16x4-1/2
- Hook & Eye Turnbuckle 3/8x6
- Hook & Eye Turnbuckle 1/2x6
- Hook & Eye Turnbuckle 5/8x6
If you're interested in other rigging hardware, we have thimbles, wire rope clips, shackles, master links and more available.