The purpose of a vehicle lockout kit is to help vehicle-owners retrieve their keys after locking them inside their vehicles. These kits contain the equipment necessary to perform lockout procedures; owning one can save you time and money. However, you can reap these benefits only if you know how to properly use the lockout kit. Read below to learn what a vehicle lockout kit is, how it works, and how it can benefit you in lockout situations involving your vehicle.
Basics of a Lockout Kit
A vehicle lockout kit provides you with a set of tools to help you unlock your vehicle without breaking the window or calling a locksmith. The benefits of a vehicle lockout kit include:
- It’s an affordable way to resolve lockout issues without the expense of a locksmith or vehicle damage.
- It’s a time-efficient way to resolve lockout issues without having to wait on locksmith services.
- It’s a useful way to provide roadside assistance in situations in which help is delayed or a locksmith is unavailable.
Main Tools in a Lockout Kit
The types of tools included in a vehicle lockout kit can vary. It’s important to understand how to properly use the tools in a vehicle lockout kit to effectively retrieve your keys and avoid damaging your vehicle.
- Air wedge: An air pump designed to wedge between the vehicle door and the weather stripping
- Mini wand: Used to retrieve items from inside a vehicle
- Knob Knabber: Pulls up vertical locks in a vehicle from the doorframe
- Grooved wedge: Spreads the vehicle door out and locks it in place so that one can use the air wedge to pump the door out of the frame.
Before you invest in a lockout kit, you have to understand the tools included and the best practices for using them. Learn more about lockout kits and other devices through a trusted supply company such as Manufacturer Express. Explore our broad selection of lockout tools on our website, or give our team a call for more information today.